I was born in South Florida. Since I was three, I’ve always loved acting. I used to practice scenes around my house from Star Wars! I’d switch from Anakin to Darth Vader (one in the same, really, Anakin eventually fell to the Dark Side becoming Darth Vader, thus destroying the most important Jedi Temple on Coruscant and actually helping Darth Sidious to become emperor—Really? Is it that obvious? Okay, I’ll admit it… I’m a Star Wars super fan!). I was never without dramatic music and a lightsaber and Force powers. Are we both thinking the same thing? May the Force be with you!
When I started in elementary school (complete with a Star Wars watch), I did tons of school plays, and I always really liked public speaking. When I was seven, I was asked to speak at some events, where I addressed a few large audiences of amazing business people about a range of topics. I loved it! It was an incredible experience.
Right after that, I filmed a promotional video for BankAtlantic, a local East Coast bank. I really enjoyed it. I already knew that acting was my forte. Working on that film—it was only ten minutes long!—allowed me to develop what I wanted to do. But I told my parents that I wanted to do more. After the BankAtlantic job, I was offered a commercial in New York City for CBS Football and the New York Jets. It was a lot of fun!
When I was about eight, I went on the Internet and Googled local talent agents in Los Angeles. I found several, and called them, leaving messages and asking for representation. When my mother came home from work that day, she heard the messages, and understood that, in a way, what I was saying was, “I’m packing my bags and leaving for Los Angeles… Want to come?” So she and my dad sat down and had a little conference. Together, they knew that acting was less of a want and more of a need for me, so we decided to seek a talent agent.
We went to LA and met with a great talent agency. I went out on my first day of auditions, and one of the projects that I interviewed for was a Wendy’s commercial. The next day I got a call from the agency saying that I had gotten the job and that I was shooting the Wendy’s commercial the next day! From then on I continued to work on television pilots for ABC and for Fox. Afterward I was lucky enough to be a part of NBC’s Will & Grace and the incredible iCarly. Right now, iCarly is going strong, and I’m continuing to work on some new projects that I’m really excited about! I’ve been really fortunate to work with BRILLIANT people!!!
BEST PART OF ACTING:
Meeting some of the best and most interesting people while doing what I love to do!
1. I am very interested in politics. I spent time helping out the local grass roots campaigns for one of the political parties in the Presidential Election of 2008. I also attended the Presidential Youth Inaugural Conference in January, 2009 and had the privilege of attending the Inauguration in Washington, D.C. It was a historical and very exciting experience!
2. I support the American Cancer Society’s Reaching Out to Cancer Kids (R.O.C.K.) Camp Program. This year I helped to co-host the Chiera Foundation Charity Ball and Golf Tournament where all proceeds raised went to support various R.O.C.K Camp programs.
This world has a lot to offer! Here are some of the things I like:
1. Traveling with my family is my favorite thing to do. I love history and I really enjoy seeing places that are filled with it. Sightseeing and studying different cultures fascinate me.
2. I love exercising. I really like to go walking and running. I also like hiking and swimming. I enjoy golf, too!
3. Food: One of my favorite topics! I like to eat and I love to cook with and for my family.
4. Tweeting: The world is a huge place, and it’s amazing to be able to speak to people from all over the globe and share information.
5. Movies and Television: I love great entertainment.
1. Healthy Lifestyle Campaign: I will be launching a new project very soon which will focus on helping people create a healthier lifestyle for themselves. I was inspired to create this project when I personally managed to lose 15 pounds. I look forward to sharing it with you!
Thank you for taking the time to stop by!